我們都是岌岌的圍城。寂寞的,岌岌的圍城。誰也庇護不了誰。

30 12月, 2007

槍阿刺的英文課。

What is the purpose of being a college student?

As a student of Architecture Design, the way we being a college student are so different from the others.

Normally, because of the system of our education, most of students will try anyhow of their best to have fun during their college life. Join a campus organization, dating with girls or just party all night. But sometimes students easily get lost, no matter their mind or their degrees.

For myself, I think what a college student should be, first of all, he can able to choose any class he wants. In my experience, less rules makes me more responsible about my life. Second, a college student should read. Not the school book for the exam, but the classic book of literature, sociology, and any book about his hobby. For example, I like graffiti since I was a teenager, and I would go to scrawl on wall with my friends. And it’s so excited to see the great works on books, even more, it inspired me some cool ideas sometimes. And finally, a college student should learn how to think. We accept the decisions from our parents’, the orders from our teachers, the rules from our government; we’ve been used to accept anything from other people, without thinking how, or why. If a college student can do a decision about his class on his own, if a college student reads, he should start to think about the meaning of the things around this world. Apparently it’s not the common way in Taiwan, but still, college is different from compulsory education. It should be free and open, no matter the system of the school of the students’ mind.

Maybe the very first thing a college student should think about is, “Why do I go to a college? What do I want for myself?”

Think everything responsibly; this is what I think a college student should be.


.